up in the big smoke

Saturday, April 22, 2006

matt - this post is for you


went to a blue jays game this afternoon, and it was really good. not as boring as i thought it would be. i used to be a big blue jays fan, but not even when they were good and won the world series. it was after that, when they were a crappy team. i used to watch every game on tv, and if i couldn't watch it, i'd tape the game and watch it later. there are still a few vhs tapes in edmonton of old blue jays games.

the jays beat the red sox 8-1. roy halladay was pitching. we were sitting in the outfield seats, but we could still see everything. i'm going to try and go to a few more games this season. with a few good off season acquisitions, the jays may be a contender this season.

it was too bad the weather was crappy and the roof was closed. it'd be nice to go to a game when the roof is opened and it's sunny. and there was also someone who proposed to his girlfriend at the game on the jumbotron. unless the jays played a significant role in their relationship, ie. they went there on their first date, or met at a game, i find proposing at sporting events lame. what makes it special when there's over 30,000 people watching you on a big screen being proposed to, and most of them hoping you'd say no, just to laugh at the poor guy. the girl said yes.

on another note, i started my run clinic last wednesday, and my whole body was sore for 2 days afterwards. i probably haven't exercised in over a year, besides walking everyday and working in a store, so i think my body was in shock. we ran for about 40 mins, with some walking in between, and i felt pretty good. running in downtown toronto after everyone's getting off work is pretty crazy, but once we got down to the lake, it was less busy. and we were suppose to keep running on the spot if we got stopped at lights to keep our heart rate up, but i think it's totally lame and makes you look like a fool, so i hate doing it. we're suppose to follow a training schedule during the week as well, but i have to get to the point where my muscles don't get sore for 2 days after the clinic before i can start.

i also had to buy runners. i've never had a real pair of runners before b/c i always buy cross trainers. i went to the running room to get their expertise in which shoe is the best for me (i have no arch in my feet, so they're messed up), and they didn't have my size in any of the shoes i needed, so i asked them to order me a pair. but then i bought a pair at sportchek b/c i didn't think i'd get them in time from the running room for my run clinic. but on the day of my clinic, they called me and said my shoes were in, so i went back to buy them from the running room and returned the sportchek pair. i hate that store, i got horrible service, even though they're commissioned, and i didn't want to give them the sale. i refuse to shop there now.

1 Comments:

  • I like the look from your seats. I've been to the Skydome twice. Both times I saw the Minnesota Twins (only avail game at the times). Each time I was there, I had to sit at the highest seat behind home plate...sucked.
    What did you think of the Skydome? or had you been there before? The one thing I liked about it, is theres a ton of washrooms.
    Friggin Haladay wrecked my sportselect...I second guessed myself when I saw he was pitching...I should've gone with my gut and picked the Jays.
    Did you stretch before AND after you ran? That could be why your sore.

    By Blogger Swedish Sensation, at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home