up in the big smoke

Monday, November 27, 2006

new phone

check out my new phone.

it's pretty sweet, and i had been using my old phone for at least 3 years before i called rogers to ask about an upgrade. and it turns out, my corporate plan allows upgrades every 12 months, and they give me a $200 credit each time towards my new phone!

why did it take me this long to figure this out!?!

the one thing about getting new phones is learning how to use it. and there may be features from my old phone that i like better. for example, my old phone can be set to ring and vibrate at the same time. my new phone can not. but what does that matter, in another 12 months, i'll have a new phone again! that is, if rogers doesn't change their rules during that time.

3 Comments:

  • I was thinking about getting a blackberry pearl type phone except that I don't have a plan and currently don't need/want one. I use a pay as you go and it works fine for me for the most part. I want a Palm pilot but don't want to fuss with that, a phone and an ipod.

    We'll see how much longer I hold out on not getting a cell plan...I've done so well this long.

    By Blogger Kathy, at 1:05 PM  

  • if pay as you go works for you, i'd hold out for as long as you can. i see cellphone contracts like gym memberships, i'm hesitant to make commitments to either.

    By Blogger diana, at 8:11 PM  

  • What you say about learning how to use a different phone each time is so true -- it's why, barring some outrageous deal, I'm going to stick with Motorola phones I think -- I just know how to use them. (e.g. I bought a V600 to replace the V551 that some wanker stole from my hostel room in Rome...)

    By Blogger Matt Lam, at 3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home