up in the big smoke

Saturday, April 28, 2007

CN tower stair climb post mortem

i did it!!!

albeit, halfway up the climb i was starting to second guess my decision, but it was really good. and i'm glad i did it. 1776 steps. 144 flights of stairs.

i finished in 25:50. the website said the average person takes 30-40 mins to complete the climb. but i think they're overestimating to make people feel better. i stopped at least 5 times to catch my breath, but happy to report that my first rest stop wasn't until around flight 55. while we were standing in line, there was an old man who had to be over 60 years old, wearing his shirt from a previous climb, and he finished in 20:41! this is my shirt, if it wasn't 5 sizes too big, i would wear it with pride:


apparently this year's money is going towards fighting climate change (which i didn't even know the WWF was involved with, but it makes sense they would). so this is the front of the shirt:

i don't know if i will do this again. the next one is in october for the united way. i'll consider it, but next time, i'll actually train for it!

surprisingly, my legs aren't too sore right now. ask me again tomorrow, that might be a different story.

3 Comments:

  • You mean you climbed 144 flights of stairs and you didn't even know what it was for??!!!
    Kathy and I saw those "hotter than I should be" shirts on the WWF website and we wanted to order them! They were brown and nicer.

    By Blogger Rosanna =), at 1:06 AM  

  • yeah i saw someone wearing the brown shirt too. of course it's nicer when you have to pay for it!

    By Blogger diana, at 2:41 PM  

  • I was gonna order that WWF shirt too. It's sweet.

    By Blogger ed, at 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home