up in the big smoke

Monday, February 27, 2006

this and that

1. watching the hour with george stroumboulopoulos and he was in whistler over the weekend and he was wearing some olympic gear. he was wearing a hoodie, the famous trapper hat, and my colourful scarf! woo hoo! now, no doubt, he got all that stuff for free, but who cares, now i feel a personal connection to george. he's awesome.

2. what the hell was up with the closing ceremonies for the olympics? maybe you have to be italian to understand it. but the canadians were looking good in their gear. the canadian gear was, once again, very popular among the athletes and the locals. some people waited in line for 2 hours in torino to buy the stuff. crazy.

3. i was inspired by matt's post about his awesome meal. i didn't make a casserole, like him, but i did buy some ham, peas, and mushrooms, mixed it all up in a sauce, and made some pasta. now i have this huge bowl of sauce in my fridge that will probably last me the next 5 days, and by the 2nd day, i will already be sick of eating it. this will make up for me not cooking at all last week.

4. my shopping fast is almost coming to an end. i didn't crack and actually didn't buy anything. ok, so i did have a little caveat i gave myself, i bought one piece of olympic clothing b/c we were getting an extra discount, and i bought a hooded zip up yoga jacket. but otherwise, i didn't buy clothes, shoes, CDs, or anything else (except food). it was difficult at first, but it got easier as i weened myself off of shopping. i imagine it to be the same as trying to get off of drugs. shopping is my addiction. i will now need to load up on some CDs i didn't get to buy, ie. the curious george soundtrack, but i will try to curb my spending a little bit still. i know i can do it, i just need the willpower.

5. i'm going to 4 concerts in march. first up, city and colour on thursday. then bedouin soundclash on saturday. james blunt on the 21st, and coldplay the day after on the 22nd. out of them all, i'm most excited about city and colour. you thought i'd say coldplay, didn't you? well, i've seen them twice already, most recently in august, and considering city and colour is my new music obsession, and i've got 8th row seats, i'm totally looking forward to it.

6. i'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out in may. hopefully i don't look too much like a chipmunk.

that's all folks.

6 Comments:

  • 1. did you have to google the spelling for strombolompoplmbolopolos?

    2. okok...our olympic gear looked the best and the Bay is the best alrighty!! we know!!

    3. us Tse's cook for 10...matt always asks me why I cook so much (WHEN I actually do it!)...especially if I only eat it for one meal...two max.!!!

    4. You can't go on a shopping fast, then go out and buy tons of shit to make up for lost time!! Does a drug addict get clean, and then sniff a bag of coke??

    5. totally thought u'd pick coldplay.

    6. again...sucks to be you!

    6.5 it's almost more fun just to comment on other blogs than blog myself!! hahaha...

    By Blogger Rosanna =), at 11:24 PM  

  • you probably have the whole coldplay show memorized by now...from lighting to the set list.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:21 AM  

  • Haha, the Tse cooking-in-quantity, 'tis in your blood! I think I've some of that myself, as I always end up with leftovers for like 3 days even though I only cook for myself. Maybe it's that or it's just student-sloth.

    Wisdom teeth shouldn't be too bad...I was all right pretty quick after it, but Doug was bed-ridden for a couple of days as I recall. YMMV.

    By Blogger Matt Lam, at 1:50 AM  

  • cooking in bulk is out of pure laziness for me, i don't want to keep cooking everyday, so boring! but b/c i'm only cooking for myself, that means i have to eat the same meal for multiple days in a row, and sometimes multiple meals in a day. that's boring too.

    i was on the hour website to get george's last name right.

    i think the coldplay concert will be very similar to the one in august b/c it's the same tour.

    what does YMMV mean?

    By Blogger diana, at 6:51 PM  

  • Why are you even going to see Coldplay again then? What a waste just to see equal signs on Chris Martin's gentle hands.

    Anyway, I heard Dallas Green got some lip lock action with Leah Miller on Much 911

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 AM  

  • leah is such a whore. she's the worse VJ on much right now.

    By Blogger diana, at 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home