up in the big smoke

Friday, February 03, 2006

a long overdue appointment

yesterday i got my hair cut. it had been 7 months since my last haircut, so it was a long overdue appointment. i just went to the aveda academy, and when the student told the instructor it had been 7 months, he probably wanted to kill me.

my stylist was a gay chinese guy. i thought he was a little feminine when he introduced himself, and i knew he was definitely gay when he told me he loved brokeback mountain and thought it was so hot to see 2 straight guys making out. then he asked me who i liked better, heath ledger or jake gyllenhaal. i said heath ledger, but i must love jake b/c this is the second time i've mentioned him in my blog.

i totally redeemed myself to the instructor when he asked me what kind of flat iron i use, and i told him the chi. he smiled and said "the best" and i replied "you're proud of me, aren't you?" oh, he was.

i never think i need a haircut now that my hair is long, b/c i don't think it'll look much different if it was an inch longer or shorter. but after i get a haircut, i realize i totally needed it.

on a related note to my last post, i got tickets to the city and colour show. it was the 2nd show they added to toronto b/c of the high demand. and i got 8th row centre seats! so excited about it. it's at a really small venue, so any seat would have been good, but i'll take 8th row.

on a unrelated note, i'm trying not to buy any clothes, shoes, CDs, or any other unnecessary purchase this month. i know i shop too much, and have no self control, so i'm going to try and not buy anything. sure, this is the shortest month of the year, but it'll still be hard for me. i'm trying to save up to buy my own condo eventually, and at this rate, i'll be closer to living on the streets than in my own place. i've made one exception though, i'm allowing myself to buy 1 piece of olympic clothing b/c we're getting an additional staff discount and get to wear it to work during the games. sure i have a few pieces already, but what's one more? it's a nice compromise between having no limit on my shopping and going cold turkey. wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home