up in the big smoke

Thursday, January 26, 2006

i'm full of wisdom

for those of you who read ed's blog, you already know...my wisdom teeth are coming out. i was hoping to be lucky and never have them come out, but about a year ago, i had x-rays done at the dentist, and they already showed them underneath my gums.

one side is coming out straight, but the bottom right one is coming in a little crooked. at about a 45 degree angle. it hasn't broken the gums yet, but i'm scared of them pushing my other teeth out of alignment.

so now i have to find a dentist in toronto, and get them checked out, and probably get them taken out. hopefully my dental coverage includes taking out wisdom teeth, or else it'll be a hefty bill. too bad i didn't get them when i was at home and under my dad's dental coverage. now i'm suppose to be independent and know how to handle all this stuff on my own. but i don't.

and it's even crazier that ed, michael and i are all getting our wisdom teeth right now. when i told my mom, she's like "you too?!" since she's heard ed complaining about his. and he even wanted to show her, but she refused to look in his mouth. hahaha, that's motherly love.

wish me luck on not looking like a chipmunk for too long.

3 Comments:

  • haha! sucks to be you....ed....and michael!!!!

    By Blogger Rosanna =), at 11:14 PM  

  • Not to scare you, but my friend got her's out in JR high. All this shit happened with infection after they were pulled...she was chipmunked and purple for 2 months.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:00 AM  

  • To provide a little less dreadful picture than Matt A.'s comment, I had mine taken out during winter break of my first year, and the swelling was down within a week.

    Then again, I guess I picked a bad time, because it meant I couldn't eat solid food for a few days...the few days that included Christmas, New Year's, etc.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home