up in the big smoke

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

just call me emerill

all this food talk on multiple blogs got me inspired to cook something different. to most people, what i made is not revolutionary in any sense of the word, but for me it was something new.

i bought some pasta sauce and mixed in some ingredients. the first time i did it, i put in ham, peas, and mushrooms. it was ok. but the second time, i put in ground beef, peas, and onions, and it was amazing! and this is coming from a person who didn't really like pasta until a year ago. i've never even made pasta until i moved to toronto.

reminds me of the time mom was in hong kong and dad made this huge pot of spaghetti, and a equally huge pot of sauce with ground beef, which subsequently became my lunch and/or dinner for a week.

see, the only problem, is that i cook for one. so what i made could probably last me 4-5 meals, and then i'll probably get sick of eating this for a month.

post more good food ideas people! next up, matt's ginger ale jello. mmmmm...yummy.

1 Comments:

  • One of the easiest and neatest things I saw over the holidays were rice krispie balls. Yes, balls. I don't know the recipe though it can't be harder than what it seems. You take a large marshmallow, dip it completely in caramel (whether it's pure melted caramel squares or mixed with some butter, I don't know) and then roll it in rice krispies. Come tot hink of it, the rice krispies seems to be coated with something too. Anyhow. It was awesome. You should "cook" that.

    By Blogger Kathy, at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home