up in the big smoke

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

i did something crazy/stupid/obsessive, or all of the above

billy talent are coming to do a show in february.






alexisonfire are doing 4 club shows in december. 4 shows back to back, at different venues.





the presale for all 5 shows started this morning. i bought tickets to billy talent, and 2 of the 4 AOF shows.

some might think it's crazy to buy tickets to 2 shows of the same band on the same tour, but i don't think so. i didn't buy back to back days, i get a day of no-AOF in between the two. and i figure it'll be easy to sell the tickets if i decide i don't want them. i can post something on craig's list or a message on the AOF myspace page, and that should get rid of them easily.

some might also think it's crazy to buy tickets to shows where i don't even know who i'm going with. but this is my concert philosophy. if there's a show i want to see, i usually just buy 2 tickets and ask around later to find someone to go with. so far, it hasn't been too difficult to find someone to go with, but i don't know anyone who likes billy talent or AOF, so this time around, it might be a different story.

ah well, if i have to end up giving the ticket to someone to come with me, i'll do it, but i'm not missing these shows.

and as a follow up to my last post...i accomplished most of my list. slept lots. cleaned my room (not to the extent that i would have liked). ironed and put away my laundry. did an entourage season 2 marathon on monday (i love this show!). ripped some CDs to my computer (got up to the letter "I"). watched both oilers games on tv, but fell asleep for most of them. and did some work. so all in all, a good weekend.

5 Comments:

  • I can't say anything since I bought two sets of tickets to see Blue Rodeo this summer...only because I ended up getting better seats later! I toooootally understand Di :)

    By Blogger Kathy, at 10:44 AM  

  • I'm shocked you didn't buy tickets for all the shows. I only think its strange when you do it for Coldplay.

    By Blogger Swedish Sensation, at 11:51 AM  

  • yes, two people to validate my decision!

    i thought about all 4 shows, but i KNOW that would be ridiculous, and kind of tiring, and i might end up hating them if i see the same show 4 times, back to back.

    i did it for coldplay, but to my defense, the concerts were like 8 months apart.

    By Blogger diana, at 1:49 PM  

  • It's hard to believe you like Alexisonfire so much.

    By Blogger Mookusama, at 3:09 PM  

  • it's the dallas green influence. i think i like AOF by association.

    By Blogger diana, at 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home