up in the big smoke

Friday, December 16, 2005

i am being brainwashed

there must be something in the toronto smog because i have a lower tolerance for other people's shit. i think i'm becoming more cynical and negative for my liking.

the other day, i was waiting in line for a coffee, and out of the corner of my eye, i saw this other woman off to the side. it looked like she was budding into the line, so i didn't make eye contact with her and just ordered when i got to the counter. as it turned out, the people before her were lining up incorrectly, so she was too, but she wasn't trying to bud in. i felt kinda bad about assuming she in the wrong. the edmonton me would have probably just let her bud into line, whether or not i was there before her, but not the toronto me.

than today, i was waiting for the subway, and this group of three came up and stood right in front of me. and not a normal distance in front of me, like a foot in front of me. when the guy reached over to hug one of the girls, i had to move my head because they were that close that i was scared his arm would hit my face. the subway platform is like over 200 metres long, but they decide to stand right in front of me. i moved to the side, and even rolled my eyes!

maybe it's because i'm working in a store during the christmas season and it's making me crazy because everyone's stressed out when trying to finish their christmas shopping. or maybe living in toronto just does this to a person. i told someone at work that i'm from edmonton, and he said "no wonder you're so homely." i kinda took offense to it, at first, but i rather be homely than a bitch. i can't wait to get home and wash the toronto snobbery off of me.

or maybe i was just a pushover before.

a little bit of 'A' and a little bit of 'B'.

4 Comments:

  • I think your just too nice Di. You need to get a little bit more a bitch attitude in you. To be honest, I don't think anyone puts up with that shit here either. I think the difference is you don't speak up. Next time someone tries to bud in front of you at a coffee shop....buy 2 coffees...one for yourself and throw the other one in the persons face and run away.

    By Blogger Swedish Sensation, at 1:21 AM  

  • Yeah, and next time someone stands RIGHT in front of you on a subway platform, push them onto the tracks! As you can see, my husband and I would make very good Torontonians...HAHAHAHAHA

    By Blogger Rosanna =), at 12:40 PM  

  • Hehe, reading your post reminds me of the Arrogant Worms song...

    "I hate the skydome and the CN Tower too
    I hate Nathan Phillips Square and the Ontario Zoo
    The rent's too high, the air's unclean
    The beaches are dirty and the people are mean
    [...]
    The water is polluted and the mayor's a dork
    They dress real bad and they think they're New York
    In Torontooooo..."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:31 PM  

  • sweet song, i'm going to download it and make it my anthem.

    By Blogger diana, at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home