up in the big smoke

Saturday, December 03, 2005

sugar mama


this is our candy table in the living room of my apartment. my roommates and i all contribute to it, and we all eat it. the tube thing has halloween candy in it. and the two almost empty plastic containers in the top left corner are my contributions. sour peach rings and coke bottles. my favourites. almost as much selection as your neighbourhood 7-11. this is just the common food too, i have my own stash in my cupboards, so my sweet tooth is always satisfied.


this is our fridge. none of us really cook, so this picture is a pretty accurate look at our fridge on a regular basis. janine just made that pie though, and i had the first piece. there's a tonne of condiments, sauces, and juice. one time, there was a sale on tropicana at the grocery store, so we all stocked up on it. there were 7 cartons of juice, and 2 cartons of milk in the fridge. the middle section was basically all full of drinks. out of the three of us, i might be the one who makes the most effort into cooking, when i actually do it. which is sad to say because everyone knows i don't cook very often. it just takes so much time to cook, especially after work. i have a whole new respect for my mom.

and this is our freezer. stocked full of ready-made food. it has chicken fingers, fries, hashbrowns, perogies, meat pies, pizzas, frozen vegetables, ice cream, and this and that. this stuff is obviously the easiest to make, and we're all guilty of relying on it too much. for awhile, it was so full, we couldn't even buy anything to put into the freezer anymore, and now we've restocked it back to that level. i haven't even been able to buy anymore hashbrowns, and i rely on that for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

my new year's resolution should be to cook more often. i'd be healthier and save way more money. but i don't believe in new year's resolutions. i need to learn how to put more variety into my meals. oh well, it'll come with time.

5 Comments:

  • Your fridge is like fridges on CRIBS. Empty but filled with pop and favorite beverages and the freezer filled with easy microwave stuff. Do you have a cupboard of KD?

    By Blogger Swedish Sensation, at 1:55 AM  

  • God.. remember that time I gorged myself with your coke candies.

    Yee yEe!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 AM  

  • i've never had KD in my life, and it doesn't look very appetizing to me either, so i have no desire to try it. my cupboard has lots of rice in it, like a good chinese girl. hahaha. my mom bought me this huge 8kg bag of rice when she was here, and i had to divide it up into those large ziploc bags to put it in the cupboard.

    yes michael, i remember when i came home one day and all my coke bottles were gone. they're so good, i don't blame you.

    By Blogger diana, at 11:51 PM  

  • Kraft Dinner is almost holistically a white-person food. I however, thoroughly enjoy rice. I don't know what's up with that.

    If you want to try KD, I suggest the Sharp Chedder variety. Way better than regular. And don't use any milk. Just a bit of margerine and mix vigorously. Trust me. I know. I'm white.

    By Blogger Ryan, at 1:41 AM  

  • KD is totally a white person food. although, one of my roommates is indian and she loves mac and cheese.

    ryan, i think you've been friends with ed for too long, that's why you love rice. however, chinese people have a higher resistance to white people influence, that's why ed doesn't eat KD.

    hahaha, i'm obviously totally joking.

    By Blogger diana, at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home