up in the big smoke

Sunday, July 23, 2006

"who do you think you are? hilary duff?!?!"

i went through my clothes and purged an equivalent of a garbage bag worth of clothes. some of it was stuff i brought to toronto with me when i moved here, but still haven't worn once yet. that's pretty much a signal for me to get rid of them. there's still some stuff i couldn't quite let go of yet, even though i haven't worn them in a year, but the next big purge, i'll let it go.

even though i got rid of a significant amount of clothing, it still doesn't feel like my closet and dresser are that much lighter. is that a sign that i have too much clothes? probably.

the last time i did a big purge of clothes in edmonton, i think i got rid of 3 garbage bags of clothes. to my defence, some of the stuff was really old, like from junior high, and i just hadn't donated them yet. when i told my friend how much i got rid of, his response was "who do you think you are? hilary duff!" i wish i was her, then i'd be dating joel madden.

and some of the stuff i donated still had the tags on them, and i'm sure there were a number of things i had only worn once. i have a problem. i recognize that. my roommate is equally as bad for shopping as i am, and i think we feed each other's addictions because we love showing each other what we bought. so we were saying that we should try and not shop for a month, and we'd do it together, so it won't be as hard. we have tentatively picked october because we're both going away in august, and september is my birthday, so october looks like the lucky month. damn, it has 31 days in it too.

i haven't even gone through my shoes yet either, but those are harder to get rid of.

1 Comments:

  • I sympathize, I'm the same way. I recently donated a couple bags of clothes, only to buy some more in Vegas and all the days leading up to it. I even joked with Rosey that I shoudl get rid of some shoes before I go so that when we get back, I have a home for my new shoes. And I really do need to let some go.

    I shop WAY too much...I think I just like the change, the novelty of new things...I suppose I should get a real hobby instead.

    But those damn sales!

    By Blogger Kathy, at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home