up in the big smoke

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

ah....university

the joys of living right beside the u of t campus...frosh week. means i get to hear chanting at all hours of the day. last night, they were chanting at 11:30, when i was going to sleep. and still chanting at 3 am, when i woke up in the middle of the night. looking out my office window today, i watched kids play leap frog across a street, and splashing around the fountain in nathan phillips square (think the fountain in front of city hall in edmonton). i'm so glad i never participated in orientation in my first year of university. on friday, they usually have some sort of dance at the open field beside my house, which means it'll sound like i'm pumping the music in my room, but it's actually from outside.

i remember the first year i started working after graduating, it was so weird not to go back to school in september. i want to go back to school. no obligations. work is only full time for 4 months. all you need to do is study and go to classes. and there's always an end to look forward to. now i'm in the real world. i hate the real world because it only gives me 3 weeks of vacation and i have to pay rent. boo to responsibilities. and i'm turning a quarter of a century in a few weeks. boo to turning older.

otherwise, everything's just peachy. some friends were visiting over the long weekend, so that was good. i miss my friends and hanging out like we used to. those were good times.

2 Comments:

  • So Di are you planning on staying in TO indefinitely or do you have some desire to move back to Edmonton? Don't even talk to me about getting older.I'm already lying about my age and I will remain 25 yrs old until I hit about 35, to which I'll that I'm 29.

    I used to switch jobs ever 4 months right after university. I couldn't shake the feeling of needing change. But yeah, nothing like bills to make you keep working.

    By Blogger Kathy, at 12:17 PM  

  • i'm in TO indefinitely, but not forever. i think i want to move to vancouver next. but it all depends on the job situation. vancouver is as expensive to live in as TO.

    i haven't even turned 25 yet, and i already know i'm going to have a breakdown when i do.

    By Blogger diana, at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home