up in the big smoke

Saturday, August 04, 2007

funny story

today i went to get my hair cut, and i go to the aveda academy, so i get a different person each time. i don't have any loyalty to hairdressers, so i always go through the obligatory conversations of them getting to know me, etc.

the dude i got today was like 40 or 50 years old. he was telling me all about how he's been to hong kong like 20-25 times and that he loves it there. i told him i've only been there once, and that was like 15 years ago. in which he proceeds to ask me "did you go with your husband?" i didn't know if i should burst out in laughter or in tears. did he ask me that b/c at his age, that's the 1st thing people would assume a travel companion would be, a spouse, and it wasn't a direct jab at my age? or did he actually think i was old enough to have had a husband 15 years ago?

i responded with "no. i was like 7 or 8 years old. i went with my mom."

hahhahahah.

great haircut though!

8 Comments:

  • I'm thinking it was him just not caring about the conversation. As in, he was just making small talk for shits and giggles.

    By Blogger Swedish Sensation, at 12:27 AM  

  • yeah that's what i thought too. i rather him not talk than to pretend to make conversation and then not actually listen to me. for example, he asked me what i did, i told him. then halfway through the haircut, he asked me again.

    By Blogger diana, at 8:56 PM  

  • I think thats when you should've made shit up...you should've said you were in Canada training for the 2010 Winter Olympics for ice cube making.

    By Blogger Swedish Sensation, at 1:21 AM  

  • I don't like talking to hairdresser so I stick to the same one ever since I returned to HK -- she doesn't talk to me if I don't talk to her first. But after ten years or so, I find she's the only hairdresser that can cut my hair right!

    By Blogger Ida's Studio, at 1:33 AM  

  • I got my haircut ( when I had a little bit longer hair ) and this woman started to talk to me about the Secret and how she was trying to Secret herself more money. The whole time I was hoping she would either stab me with the scissors or drown me when she was washing my hair hahaha.

    By Blogger Swedish Sensation, at 6:36 PM  

  • I don't know which is worse, the guy thinking you've been married for 15 years or people on the bus trip thinking I was a little kid travelling with mom. *sigh*

    By Blogger Rosanna =), at 10:21 PM  

  • were you wearing your threadless shirts that make you look 12? when aunt annie and family came to visit, alice was wearing a threadless shirt i had too. who cares if i'm 10 years older than her, we had a good laugh about it.

    By Blogger diana, at 9:01 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger diana, at 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home