up in the big smoke

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

a good day all around

i had an exceptionally good day today.

wednesdays are run clinic days, so i went after missing 3 weeks in a row (i was in vancouver for one, and the other two i was still working so couldn't get away). i thought i'd be dying since i hadn't run in 3 weeks, but it wasn't too bad. we ran/walked 8 km today and we'll keep doing that for the next few weeks and work our way up to 10km. the 10km run i'm doing is july 1st! eek!

than after the run clinic, i went to the sunrise records on my way home to get some autographs. tom delonge, of the now defunct blink-182, has a new band called angels and airwaves. their CD came out yesterday, and they were giving out wristbands to the people who bought it at this store for the signing today. i was lucky enough to get a wristband, so i went to get my CD signed.

this is how my meeting with angels and airwaves went (i didn't know any of the other guys' names besides tom, i had to look it up on their website).....

first guy (ryan sinn) - lower right autograph
me: hi.
ryan: how are you?
me: good. (his pen starts running out) uh oh. (his pen starts working again). thanks.

second guy (atom willard) - lower left autograph
me: hi. how are you? good. you?
atom: hi. how are you? good. you?
(we basically said it at the same time)
atom: jinx, you owe me a coke.
me: ok.
atom: or a fanta.
me: fanta's pretty good.

third guy (david kennedy) - middle right autograph
me: hi. how are you?
david: good.
me: lefty. (as i point to him signing)
david: yeah i think it makes me more creative and smart.
me: i'm a lefty too.
(he reaches out to shake my hand - we had a lefty moment)

fourth guy (tom delonge) - top autograph
me: hi. how are you?
tom: good. thanks for coming out.
(my lefty connection with david took up too much time, tom had already signed my CD by the time i got to him. he basically just handed it back to me).

i'm a total geek. i can't believe i just typed out my lame conversations with the band. which kind of supports my next good thing that happened to me today.

i was at work and talking to my friends about my after work dilemma. i had my run clinic, which i was planning on going to, but i also had the wristband to get my CD signed. my dilemma was: do i go to the signing after the clinic, all sweating and stinky? it's not that i was going to be close to the band or hugging them or anything, but i don't want to smell bad either. so then at this point, my friend called me a geek and said i'm the female version of seth cohen. that's a great compliment, i think seth is cool.

and to top it all off, i got a promotion. i'm no longer a trainee! woo hoo!

like i said, good day all around.

8 Comments:

  • you ARE a total nerd for typing out your lame-o conversation...hahaha....i was waiting for something funny to happen. My favorite part was the fanta...mmm...love fanta.
    congrats on the job again!!

    By Blogger Rosanna =), at 12:41 PM  

  • congrats on the job di!

    By Blogger Swedish Sensation, at 12:42 AM  

  • can you get me a deal on a Hugo Boss suit?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:35 AM  

  • i don't know if i want to support your label whore-ness. we sell hugo boss suits in our downtown toronto store, but i think that's it. so you'd have to come to TO to get it.

    By Blogger diana, at 8:21 PM  

  • Iz you serious? I'm gonna hold you up to that

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 AM  

  • you can use my discount, but you have to bring your own money!

    By Blogger diana, at 6:07 PM  

  • what a geek, what a geek. funny how u typed your whole convo w/ them. I'm going to Jason Mraz concert in July. woohoo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 AM  

  • hey marky mark - i work for hbc.

    and i'm guessing the anonymous is carmen - jason mraz is AMAZING in concert! i wish he would come back to TO.

    By Blogger diana, at 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home